Bridgewater Corners, VT – Grab your picnic blankets and head to the beautiful 500-acre Ottauquechee Farm (OQ Farm) for a free concert Thursday, July 30 at 6:30 PM. The family-friendly evening is the first event launched by the new, non-profit OQ Farm—a unique sanctuary for creative artists—and one of its founders, Grammy-Award winning producer Charlie Peacock (The Civil Wars, Switchfoot, Chris Cornell). The outdoor concert is the culmination of a private, three-day Songwriters Festival at the farm. Featured performers will include:
- American Idol winner Kris Allen
- Matt Slocum of Sixpence None the Richer (with his hit song "Kiss Me")
- Chessboxer (on tour with Warren Haynes now)
- Marc Beeson (“When She Cries” and “We Are Tonight”)
- Sara Groves (“Add To The Beauty”)
- More than a dozen emerging Nashville songwriters such as Ella Mae Bowen, Jillian Jacqueline, Sam Ashworth
The evening’s events will take place on the farm’s great lawn. Concert-goers can enjoy the fare from several food vendors that will be present or are welcome to bring picnic dinners.
Although tickets are free, they are limited in quantity. Those interested in attending must register in advance for the event at www.oqfarm.org.
About OQ Farm
Situated between historic Woodstock and Killington, and overlooking the Ottauquechee River, OQ Farm has served for decades as a retreat center for Christian groups from colleges and universities from around the Northeast. It is now under development as a spiritually-based creative community providing needed time and space to visual artists, musicians, filmmakers, writers, and performance artists.
The project was initiated by John and Jean Kingston, who after many years of living in the greater Woodstock community, purchased the former Andrews’ farm. They are joined in this exciting endeavor by:
- Makoto Fujimura (Founder of the NYC-based International Arts Movement ) and Judy Fujimura
- Cameron Anderson (Executive Director of Christians in the Visual Arts) and Cynthia Anderson
- Charlie Peacock and Andi Ashworth (Founders of Art House America)
- Aaron Wiederspahn (filmmaker in the Woodstock office of Kingston Road Pictures) and Keri Wiederspahn (director of the current OQ Farm effort).
Contact: Keri Wiederspahn - Resident Director, Ottauquechee Farm: A Creative Sanctuary
Bridgewater, VT 05034 - email@example.com - (603) 313 – 4822
(photos available upon request)